The guy who let out a string of insulting expletives against the Hindu religion months ago on Nyepi is back in the news.
This time, people are apologizing for Nando Irawansyah M’Ali’s alleged Facebook blasphemy and controversial post.
M’Ali cursed out Hinduism in Bali earlier this year on March 21, the Balinese day of silence when no bright lights or loud sounds are allowed. His big problem? He couldn’t watch his Arsenal match, because cable providers had cut their service for 24 hours in respect of the holiday.
After being tracked to his hometown in Dompu, Sumbawa (he reportedly fled Bali when he was wanted for blasphemy, which is illegal in Indonesia), an official apology was made for him by traditional leaders from his village, according to Tribun Bali.
Regional council (DPD) member I Gusti Ngurah Arya Wedakarna additionally told Tribun on Wednesday that the “problem” has been resolved with a formal apology by traditional leaders from Dompu some time ago.
However, he also said that such an apology is not implicated in legal proceedings being carried out by Bali Police.
“We also have to appreciate the ongoing legal process,” Wedakarna said.