Tabanan, Bali home goes up in flames after candle didn’t get put out

A home in Selabih Village, West Selemadeg, Tabanan was hit with serious fire damage on Tuesday evening.

The homeowner, I Ketut Muliawan, 35, estimates that he suffered a loss of up to Rp 20 million, according to Tribun Bali. That’s a lot, but we would have thought it would be even more. 

Muliawan says the fire spread when his 10-year-old daughter forgot to put out a candle when she finished praying. 

At around 7:30 pm, Muliawan’s mother, Ni Wayan Merta, 70, says she saw a cloud of smoke and fire burning in the living room where her granddaughter lit the candle. 

Merta immediately called out to her neighbors for help to extinguish the fire. 

The fire was reportedly put out by 8 pm, says I Wayan Bayu Parwata, chief of West Selemadeg police. 

Illustration: Pixabay


By signing up for our newsletters you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Leave a Reply

Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on
MOST POPULAR