Fire broke out in Nusa Ceningan villa reportedly operating without business licence and building permit

A fire broke out in La Pirate villa on Sunday, at about 1.45 am, reported Tribun Bali.   

One witness, I Kadek Lanus, told Tribun Bali that he heard a small explosion from the villa, and soon after he saw fire started to spread in the kitchen area, namely around the refrigerator and generator. Lanus then reportedly contacted the owner, I Made Wira and local residents soon worked hard to extinguish the fire. 

Thankfully, there were no fatalities in the fire, although it did inflict damages estimated to be around 600 million rupiah, Tribun Bali reported. 

Tribun Bali also stated that based on accounts from surrounding citizens, the villa was lighting fireworks during a party that night, which possibly led to the fire. It was also reported that the villa has so far been operating without a business licence and building permit. 

Klungkung local authorities reportedly urged the villa owner to start looking for a location that meets the requirements to obtain a business licence and building permit. At the moment, La Pirate’s location breaches building regulations, as it sits on the coastal border of Nusa Ceningan. The authorities urged La Pirate’s owner to “look for a better location that doesn’t violate the rules and prioritize the safety of all parties”. 

The authorities also appealed to the owner to add a fire extinguisher in addition to the business licence and building permit. Local authorities are also intending to provide a fire engine in each island, including Nusa Penida, Lembongan and Ceningan. 

Photo: Flickr

 

Show your local Bali pride with our new City Logo Tee! Available on sale until September 30 at The Coconuts Shop.

READ MORE

CITY: BALICATEGORY: NEWSSUB-CATEGORIES: WEATHER

Leave a Reply

Coconuts TV
Our latest and greatest original videos
Subscribe on
MOST POPULAR

Send this to a friend