Hundreds of businesses in Bali’s Badung regency were found to have violated the rules during the Emergency Enforcement of Restrictions on Public Activities (Emergency PPKM), leading to several administrative sanctions and temporary closures.
The Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) in Badung said they had caught 545 businesses in violation, 17 of which were subject to temporary closures. Most of the others were given written warnings, while a few had to pay a fine of IDR1 million (US$68.98).
“There were also a bunch of individual violations, about 105 people,” Head of Satpol PP Badung, I Gusti Agung Ketut Suryanegara, said.
According to Suryanegara, individual violations were mostly found in North Kuta, while business violations were more concentrated in South Kuta.
Other regions in Bali have also reported violations throughout the course of Emergency PPKM, including in Buleleng regency. The tighter restrictions previously mandated all restaurants to only accept deliveries and takeaways, while non-essential businesses are expected to close completely. This slightly changed yesterday, as the provincial government announced that some restrictions have been eased until at least July 25.